You are invited to submit an abstract for presentation to share your knowledge, ideas and project case studies with your colleagues and peers.
50% of conference attendees have 10+ years in the field, and 80% have 4+ years.
In post-conference surveys, attendees have consistently (and enthusiastically) requested more complex topics, and more detailed step-by-step instructions in presentations. Don't be afraid to give them what they want!
Last year's most popular presentations were:
- An Enterprise Approach to Using Oblique Photography/Oblique Aerial View (OAV) Imagery Evolves: Integrating OAV Data with the GIS
- Using Digital Elevation and Digital Surface Models
- You Want to Edit My Data? Distributed Maintenance of E911 Address Data
- Marrying Historic Information Into Your Local GIS
- Integrating GPS with Photo Images to Enhance Your GIS
- Tracking Parcel Genealogy
- Cartography in ArcMap 9.0
Presentation submissions are due by the extended deadline - November 21, 2007. In your abstract submittal, please include:
- Presentation Title (10 word limit)
- Presentation Description (100 word limit)
- Presentation Classification (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
- List of any Special Requirements (ie: internet, if available)
Along with your abstract, please supply all presenter names and email addresses, as well as a short biography for each presenter (25 word limit per person). Each presentation proposal must also include a primary presenter contact with their name, phone, fax, address, and email.
Presentations will be approximately 35 minutes in length, with 5 minutes for questions. There will be a maximum of 4 of people allowed for each presentation, except for panel presentations.
If accepted by the selection committee, you will be notified by email and your presentation will be assigned to a specific moderated session. Projectors/standard AV setup will be provided for every session. Please submit your abstracts by November 21, 2007 in Microsoft Word format by email or by mailing a cd to:
Brooke Gajownik Hamilton County Sheriff's Office 18100 Cumberland Road Noblesville, IN 46060 (317) 776-2461 email@example.com
We require that all presenters register for the conference. Acceptance as a paper presenter does not register you for the conference, and registration fees are required. The online registration deadline is February 11th, 2008.
The purpose of paper presentations is to educate your peers about new and effective ways of using GIS. At no time is it permissible for a paper presenter to use his/her time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company. This rule will be strictly enforced.